5.05.2011

Experimenting

New Layout


Here I've tried this new layout that includes the day in english and four other languages, italian, french, spanish, german. Basically European languages, I thought it would be useful whose first language isn't English. I just put 4 crucial European ones. I think this font is better, looks a lot neater and classier.

Emma Bridgewater


Was at John Lewis the other day, really liked Emma Bridgewater's work, especially her recipe notebooks. They were ring bound and really cute. I feel this would be a suitable binding for a "fashion journal" as with such a diary its very easy to add pages or take out pages without ripping or ruining the pages. Also to have figures on acetate would be better with a binding like this as it can be taken out to be used properly wherever whenever.

Called up a couple of places, seems very difficult in this country to get a customized A5 ring bound folder. Was thinking maybe to buy a ready made ring bound folder and cover that with my design. Hmmm... maybe for the crit, I will do this unless I think of something better.


Possible Cover Designs


I really like this cover - I personally think it would work and sell to female fashion designers, It's not unisex at all. Thus I possibly couldn't use this for my final front cover. Any fashion illustration image would come across to feminine, thus maybe I should reconsider using a fashion illustration. Possibly one plain colour?


Had my eyes on this Marc Jacobs forever!... Was just looking at it again and thinking what if I made my diary cover from a coloured PU (Fake Leather). I really like the gold plaque on it, makes it look high end and sheek. I defnitely would want this 'Fashion Journal/Dairy' to look a high end brand.


Here I've got some possible samples for the Journal Cover. This fabric would defnitely make it look high end. Going to go tomorrow or saturday to buy a meter and actually try it out.

Possible label on the front cover

- "fashion fades, style is eternal" - Yves Saint Laurent
- fashionize your life? ( like organize your life )
- fashion journal
- mr belvedere (referring to a butler, that helps you with your life )
- the way we live
- i seriously need to organize my life
- "dressing is a way of life" - Yves Saint Laurent
- fashion is made to become unfashionable - Coco Chanel
- "only great minds can afford simple style"
- behind the scenes
- secret life
-ohh la la

French words/phrases
- Noir - Black
- c'est la mode - such is fashion
- couturier - fashion designer
- haute couture - trendsetting fashion
- jeunesse doree - wealthy, fashionable, young (glided youth)
- rouge - red
- suserrer - whisper


After looking at quotes and thinking of possible titles for the journal, I was thinking that in the diary I could have random pages that have inspirational quotes from designers.

Testing Different Dividers/Pockets



No comments:

Post a Comment